Petplan Pet Insurance Predicts 2012 Oscars Go to the Dogs (and Cats)!
Petplan Pet Insurance Looks to Pup-ular Pet Names to Predict the Big Winners on Oscar Night
PHILADELPHIA (February 22, 2012) – Odds makers in Las Vegas may be busy looking at more conventional ways of forecasting who will be the big winners at the 84th Academy Awards, but No. 1-rated Petplan pet insurance is looking to the most “pup-ular” names of our four-legged friends for insight.
When Hollywood gathers to celebrate on Oscar night, Petplan-protected pets across the country will be watching, paws crossed, in the hopes of seeing their namesakes steal the show on the red carpet or win the coveted award and go home with Oscar. In honor of those pets, Petplan is betting on the actors, actresses and directors whose names rank highest on its 2011 list of most popular pet names.
Without further ado, our most “pup-ular” predictions for going home with an Oscar are:
- Best Actor Category: While they all equally win over our hearts, more pet parents come home to “George” than any other of this year’s Best Actor contenders.
Prediction: George Clooney wins Best Actor “The Descendants”
- Best Actress Category: Beauty, talent and the ability to steal the show. Sounds like all the four-legged Rooney’s we know. . .
Prediction: Rooney Mara wins Best Actress for “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo”
- Best Director Category: Taking his place alongside George to “lead the pack” is the director of “The Descendants.” According to Petplan data, “Alex” blew away the competition in this category!
Prediction: Alexander Payne wins Best Director for “The Descendants”
- Best Picture: It goes without saying that this year’s best picture is the one with the most captivating character of all – Uggie. And while Uggie isn’t in the most pup-ular names list for 2011, the meteoric rise of the charming and talented Jack Russell has surely carved a spot on our list for 2012!
Prediction: “The Artist” wins Best Picture
- Best Dressed: The big question on the big night will be, as always, “Who are you wearing?” And while Karl Largerfeld may be ruling the headlines these days, a few other fabulous fashionistas may still rule the Oscars red carpet.
Prediction: The top 10 most pup-ular fashion designers on the red carpet will be:
- Stella McCartney
- Coco Chanel
- Tom Ford
- Ralph Lauren
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Calvin Klein
- Hugo Boss
- Alexander McQueen
- Giorgio Armani
Of course, no matter who goes home a winner on the big night, they’ll all, according to our most “pup-ular” predictions, be “Lucky!”
For more information about Petplan pet insurance, visit www.GoPetplan.com.
Top-rated pet insurance provider, Petplan, is the only pet insurance company to have been included on Inc. Magazine’s list of 500 fastest-growing, privately held companies in America. Petplan’s fully customizable policies provide coverage for all hereditary and congenital conditions for the life of the pet as standard, and meet the coverage requirements and budget for pets of all/any age. Petplan policies are underwritten by AGCS Marine Insurance Company, a member of the Allianz Group, rated A+ by A.M. Best (2010). For information, about Petplan pet insurance, visit www.GoPetplan.com or call 1-866-467-3875.