Weekly Tech Update: March 24, 2021
Over the last year, we’ve been building brand-new technology that makes your experience even better.
This is the first of many updates in an ongoing process of documenting our digital transformation journey. Each week, you’ll find a new update about the changes we’re going through and where we are in the process.
Before I get into it, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Danna Rabin, I’m the Chief Operating Officer at Petplan (soon to be Fetch). I’ve been working at Petplan for a little over a year. I couldn’t be more excited to be in this role at this time. Why? Because we’re in the middle of a digital transformation during a revolutionary time in the insurance industry.
What does digital transformation mean? Ideally, it means making your experience with us as easy as calling an Uber. With that goal in mind, we kicked off a major investment in life-simplifying technology.
A major journey like this doesn’t come without challenges along the way. Our dedicated employees and technology partners have been working together days, nights, weekends and holidays, to implement the new infrastructure and troubleshoot issues. Although I’m proud of our progress, I recognize we still have plenty of work to do to eliminate the disruption you may be experiencing when contacting us, or using our app or website.
So where are we?
We’re about 3 months into this journey, and here’s what we’ve created for you:
- Faster reimbursement when you link your debit card to your account.
- Claims can now be submitted through our app or web portal in as little as 30 seconds, whenever and wherever you are.
- Receive real-time updates on your claim status
- Live chat - speak with our agents when you need help without needing to call us.
Here’s what’s coming soon:
- New camera technology for faster/quicker uploading of claims documents with multiple pages
- Newly designed mobile app with integrated AI-powered chat capabilities replacing the existing Leo chat bot
- Store and view your pet’s medical records, documents and claims history in one place
- Reminders so you never miss a vet visit or annual checkup
- Personalized tips based to help your pet stay happy and healthy
- New member benefits, products and services
As you can imagine, massive change takes time. It simply cannot happen overnight or without disruption. We sincerely appreciate your patience. I can assure you our teams are working hard to create the best experience imaginable for you and your pet.
Stay tuned for future updates. See you next week.
Get covered with Petplan
An insurer who cares about your pets (nearly!) as much as you do.Start quote