petplan’s top ten “star wars” cat names
We pawed through our database and discovered HUNDREDS of insured pets named for “Star Wars” characters. That got us thinking about feline friends who lived a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — and which side of the force they might’ve served.
What do you think? Leave a comment and tell us! In the meantime, check out:
3 reasons cats would’ve been Jedi Pets:
1. “A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones.” – Yoda
Cats’ abundant confidence, curiosity and athleticism create some pretty hilarious fails. Bonus: when they recover from a fall with their dignity intact, like, “I meant to do that.”
2. “Patience. Use the force. Think.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ever watch a cat mousing? Just sitting and staring at the corner for hours, waiting for the time to strike?
3. “Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.” – Yoda
Doorbell ringing, sirens singing, keys jingling...the lure of adventure excitement definitely commands canines’ attention — but the cat may not even wake up.
3 reasons they would’ve been Sith Kitties:
1. “I will make sure you stay awake long enough to feel every single cut, your death will be beyond excruciating.” – Darth Maul
Two words: prey drive.
2. “He had all the lightsaber fighting capabilities and the moves of the Jedi, only faster and more aggressive. My only conclusion... is that it was a Sith lord.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
Replace “lightsaber” with “laser pen” and this quote suddenly comes into focus.
3. “I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time you will call me master.” – Emperor Palpatine
You know that saying about how dogs have owners and cats have staff? If cats ever develop opposable thumbs, may the force be with us all!
Top Ten “Star Wars” Cat Names
8. Boba Fett
9. Darth Vader
10. Jar Jar Binks