Compare Petplan to Embrace Pet Insurance below!
Is the company rated 9 or above by pet parents in independent reviews on PetInsuranceReview.com?
- Petplan is consistently rated among the top by pet parents for customer satisfaction. Current Rating: 9.2 out of 10 (2,042 total reviews - May 21, 2014).
- Current Rating: 9.1 out of 10 (3,158 total reviews - May 21, 2014).
Are hereditary and congenital conditions covered as standard on all policies, without additional riders or surcharges?
- Petplan policies include coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions as standard with no riders or surcharges.
- Hereditary and congenital conditions are not covered on the accident plan.
Are all chronic conditions covered as standard without maximum payout limits?
- Chronic conditions are covered if they are not pre-existing and have not occurred during the waiting period.
- Chronic conditions are covered as standard, but are subject to a maximum lifetime payout limit.
Are all alternative and holistic therapies covered as standard?
- Petplan covers all alternative and holistic therapies as standard, provided these treatments are performed by a licensed veterinarian.
- Certain alternative and holistic therapies are covered provided they are performed by a member of an Embrace-approved veterinary association.
Are prescription medications covered?
- Prescription medications are covered as standard.
- Optional coverage for prescription medications is available for an additional charge.
Does the policy cover my pet's veterinary accident or illness exam fee?
- Vet exam fees are covered by Petplan policies, including exams performed by specialized vets.
- Vet exam fees are covered by Embrace policies.
Is the company's underwriter rated?
Petplan insurance policies are administered by Fetch Insurance Services, LLC (Fetch Insurance Agency, LLC in Michigan), d/b/a Petplan (Petplan Insurance Agency, LLC in California) and issued by XL Specialty Insurance Company, a member of XL Catlin (rated A+ S&P), and AGCS Marine Insurance Company, a member of the Allianz Group, (rated A+ A.M. Best).
- Embrace pet insurance policies are underwritten by RLI Insurance, rated "A+" by A.M. Best (outlook: stable) as of May, 2011