petplan vs. embrace pet insurance comparison
Compare Petplan to Embrace Pet Insurance below!
Is the company rated 9 or above by pet parents in independent reviews on PetInsuranceReview.com?
- Petplan is consistently rated among the top by pet parents for customer satisfaction. Current
Rating: 9.2 out of 10 (3,357 total reviews - April 6, 2017).
- Current Rating: 9.2 out of 10 (5,818 total reviews - April 6, 2017).
Are hereditary and congenital conditions covered as standard on all
policies, without additional riders or surcharges?
- Petplan policies include coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions as standard with no
riders or surcharges.
- Hereditary and congenital conditions are not covered on the accident plan.
Are all chronic conditions covered as standard without maximum payout limits?
- Chronic conditions are covered if they are not pre-existing and have not occurred during the waiting
- Chronic conditions are covered as standard with no maximum lifetime payout limit.
Are all alternative and holistic therapies covered as standard?
- Petplan covers all alternative and holistic therapies as standard, provided these treatments are
performed by a licensed veterinarian.
- Alternative and holistic therapies are covered as standard, provided these treatments are performed
by a licensed veterinarian.
Are prescription medications covered?
- Prescription medications are covered as standard.
- Optional coverage for prescription medications is available for an additional charge.
Does the policy cover my pet's veterinary accident or illness exam fee?
- Vet exam fees are covered by Petplan policies, including exams performed by specialized vets.
- Vet exam fees are covered by Embrace policies.
Is the company's underwriter rated?
- Petplan insurance policies are administered by Fetch Insurance Services, LLC (Fetch Insurance
Agency, LLC in Michigan), d/b/a Petplan (Petplan Insurance Agency, LLC in California) and issued by
XL Specialty Insurance Company, a member of XL Catlin (rated A+ S&P), and AGCS Marine Insurance
Company, a member of the Allianz Group, (rated A+ A.M. Best).
- Embrace pet insurance policies are underwritten by American Modern Insurance Group (A+ Superior
rated by A.M. Best as of January 23, 2012).