Terms And Conditions
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO VOTE
- ELIGIBILITY: Voting is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) or Canada and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Fetch Inc., its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Tournament of Tails, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the prize donations (collectively “Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to vote in the Tournament of Tails. The 32 participating shelters in the Tournament of Tails are permitted to vote. All U.S., federal, state and local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: The prize donations are sponsored by Fetch Inc., 3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 240, Newtown Square, PA 19073 (“Sponsor”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Tournament of Tails, either as a participating shelter or a voter, constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a donation is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- VOTING PERIOD: March 13, 2017 12:01am ET through April 3, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
- ENTRY: To vote for the shelter of their choice, voters are required to vote on the Tournament of Tails website page at gopetplan.com/tournament-of-tails. Only one vote, per person, per “game.” The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- DRAWING: At the conclusion of the Voting Period, Sponsor will select the winner based on the number of votes from all eligible entries received during the Voting Period.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. The winner agrees to allow the sponsor to share their story with the media, both local and national, for possible promotion.
- DONATION(S): Donation levels for participating shelters are as follows: $100 for Terrific 32 round, $200 for Spirited 16 round, $300 for Eager 8 round, $500 for Final Fur round and $5,000 for the champion. Donations are not compounding; shelter will receive the donation level the correlates to the round they advanced to during the Tournament of Tails. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a donation.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Tournament of Tails is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Tournament of Tails to address the impairment and then resume the giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the donation at random from among the participating shelters. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participating shelter it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Tournament of Tails or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament of Tails may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Tournament of Tails, either as a participating shelter or a voter, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Tournament of Tails or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- RESULTS: The winner of the Tournament of Tails will be announced on Petplan’s website and social media pages after voting for the championship game closes on April 3, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST.