of our website that will allow you to fully evaluate our practices and answer any questions that you may have.
Non-public personal information that Petplan may collect about you includes but is not limited to:
- Information received from you either on-line, on the phone or by mail, facsimile or by any other means, such as your name, address, age, telephone number, social security number, assets, income, payment information or beneficiaries.
- Information regarding your transactions with us and or our affiliates such as policy coverage, premium, and payment history.
- Information from a consumer reporting agency or veterinary medical provider such as your credit history or your pet’s medical records.
Information Petplan may disclose about you:
- Petplan will not disclose any personal information with respect to a client except as is necessary in order to provide products or services to that client or otherwise as may be required or permitted by law.
- Petplan may disclose non-public information about you to our affiliates in order to meet your needs and to provide you with information regarding products and services offered by our affiliates. Petplan affiliates include but are not limited to our insurance carrier, our actuarial consultants, and service providers with whom we have joint marketing agreements that help us market our products.
- The type of information Petplan may disclose about you to our affiliates includes but is not limited to, identification information, account balance information, payment history, your pet’s medical history and any other relevant information that you provide to Petplan on your enrollment form or through any other means. Our affiliates are bound by similar privacy policies to ours to ensure that your privacy is protected.
- Petplan does not disclose your non-public information to non affiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law or if authorized by you personally.
- By enrolling your pet in the Petplan program, you consent to our sharing of this information among our affiliates in order to offer you the best possible level of care.
How Petplan uses your non-public information:
- Petplan relies on the non-public information that you provide to offer you the best level of care available that is tailored to your needs. It allows Petplan to develop new products that better reflect your circumstances and to market those products to you in the most appropriate manner. We may also use information to offer you other products or services, to enhance and improve existing products or services, or to design new ones.
- Petplan uses your pet’s medical history for a number of reasons including but not limited to developing new products and services, supplying you with relevant medical research, administering your policy, processing your claims and underwriting your policy.
The information that you provide to us is not sold to third party data compilation services. From time to time, we may make the postal or e-mail addresses of our customers available to our affiliates whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share this information, you are given the opportunity to decline, or you may contact us at email@example.com to inform us that you do not want us to share your information in such a manner.
Petplan’s security and confidentiality procedures:
- Petplan restricts access to your non-public personal information to Petplan employees and affiliates of Petplan or others who have a need to know that information in order to service a particular account. Petplan also maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration or premature destruction.
- You have the right to review and correct your personal information in Petplan’s possession, except for information relating to a claim or criminal or civil proceeding. If you have any questions we encourage you to contact us and we will be happy to answer any privacy questions that you may have.
Petplan and children’s privacy
- This site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly solicit information from children nor do we knowingly market our products to children. If we learn that personal information on a child under the age of 13 has been collected, we will delete that information from our systems.
Your choices and opting out
- When you quote or buy insurance on this site, we collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us, and other information we think you'll find useful. Petplan will contact you only if you elect to be contacted. If you choose to receive email messages, Petplan may periodically send you email messages describing updates, new features or promotional offers related to this web site. If you do not wish to receive informational emails, the only email messages you will receive from Petplan will be in response to email inquiries that you send us or emails regarding policy administration.
- To ensure you receive our e-mails, our service provider or we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you.
- At any time, you can “opt-out” of receiving direct mail and marketing material from Petplan and our affiliates, such as product and service updates, by following the instructions included in your email or by sending a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes.
Petplan policy and site content
- This site was designed to provide you with helpful information about our company's products. Information presented throughout the site is subject to policy terms conditions. In the unlikely event that there is any discrepancy between any information on this site and an actual insurance policy, the terms, conditions and limitations of our insurance policy will govern.
- Nothing on this Site is intended or should be construed as a solicitation or offer to sell insurance products in any jurisdiction in which we are not properly licensed.
- Petplan has a number of security measures in place to ensure that your data is secure and encrypted. We use an industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption, to allow for the encryption of sensitive personal information such as name, address, credit card and bank account information you may be requested to provide online. If you are using a security-enabled web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0 or better, or Netscape Navigator 2.0 or better, the information you transmit to us is encrypted. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although Petplan strives to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products and services. These transmissions are undertaken at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, however, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
- Petplan’s website undergoes daily website security tests through McAfee, a dedicated security technology company, and is a part of the Norton Secured Site Program, powered by Verisign, an identity and authentication security service. We want to make sure that your information is protected and that you are given the reassurance that you can safely purchase through our website.
- Like many commercial Internet sites, the Petplan website uses "Cookies." "Cookies" are files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences relating to our website, and to display information specific to you and may be used for targeted online advertising by Petplan and third party merchants on third party websites.To opt-out from our marketing platform’s persistent cookies click here. (please note that if you delete your cookies or switch to a different browser you will have to repeat this procedure). Use of the cookies by the marketing platforms is subject to their privacy policies. If you disable "cookies" on your browser, the site will not remember your preferences and you may not be able to access customized content that has been created for you. Additionally, you may have to manually enter promotional codes and other discount codes as they would have been automatically set as part of your customization. While the "cookie" file enables the site to label you as an individual user, "cookies," operating exclusively, do not reveal to us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. Only you can provide that information to us on our website if you choose to do so, or if your browser preferences are set to do so automatically. "Cookies" help us to understand your usage of our website, so we can continually improve its usability. For example, we may use "cookies" to personalize your experience, if you elect for us to do so, by remembering your account username on a log-in page. During the period you are logged into our site, we log IP addresses (a number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), browser and platform types, domain name, access times, referral data (the last site or URL you visited before logging into our site and the first site or URL you visit after leaving our site) and your activity while using our site.
Links to external websites
- Petplan has established business relationships with third parties that allow visitors to link directly to sites operated by these third parties. Such links are provided solely for your convenience and are not maintained by or under the control of Petplan. We make no warranties or representations about other Web sites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites.
3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 240
Newtown Square, PA 19073