petplan vs. aspca pet insurance comparison
Compare Petplan and ASPCA Pet Insurance below!
Is the company rated 9 or above by pet parents in independent reviews on PetInsuranceReview.com?
- Petplan is consistently rated among the top by pet parents for customer satisfaction. Current Rating: 9.2 out of 10 (2,042 total reviews - May 21, 2014).
- Current Rating: 7.9 out of 10 (1,416 total reviews - May 21, 2014).
Are hereditary and congenital conditions covered as standard on all policies, without additional riders or surcharges?
- Petplan policies include coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions as standard with no riders or surcharges.
- Hereditary and congenital conditions are not covered under any of the plans.
Are all chronic conditions covered as standard without maximum payout limits?
- Chronic conditions are covered if they are not pre-existing and have not occurred during th ASPCA: No
- In order to be eligible for chronic condition coverage, your pet must be enrolled in the "Continuing Care" rider before he or she is eight (8) years old. However, even with the additional rider, your pet's chronic conditions are excluded at your plan's renewal date unless 180 days have passed since the last treatment.
Are all alternative and holistic therapies covered as standard?
- Petplan covers all alternative and holistic therapies as standard, provided these treatments are performed by a licensed veterinarian.
- Alternative and holistic therapies are not covered.
Are prescription medications covered?
- Prescription medications are covered as standard.
- Traditional prescription drugs are covered but holistic medications are not covered.
Does the policy cover my pet's veterinary accident or illness exam fee?
- Vet exam fees are covered by Petplan policies, including exams performed by specialized vets.
- Vet exams are reimbursed at 80% of the "usual and customary" costs.
Is the company's underwriter rated?
- Petplan insurance policies are administered by Fetch Insurance Services, LLC (Fetch Insurance Agency, LLC in Michigan), d/b/a Petplan (Petplan Insurance Agency, LLC in California) and issued by XL Specialty Insurance Company, a member of XL Catlin (rated A+ S&P), and AGCS Marine Insurance Company, a member of the Allianz Group, (rated A+ A.M. Best).
- ASPCA pet insurance policies are underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, rated "A" by A.M. Best (outlook: stable) as of May, 2011.