1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2017 Petplan Veterinary Awards (“Competition”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry (“Entrant”). All employees and board members of Fetch Inc. (dba Petplan) and to the extent involved in the 2017 Veterinary Awards program or event, any agents acting for or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, sponsors or any other person or entity directly associated with the Competition are not eligible to submit a Nomination, be nominated for any Award or win this Competition. All U.S. federal, state and local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void outside the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada, and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: This Competition is sponsored by Fetch Inc., 3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 240, Newtown Square, PA 19073 (“Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Competition constitutes Nominee’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. TO ENTER: No purchase is required or necessary to enter. Beginning September 30, 2015, Entrants may nominate a Veterinary Practice, Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician, Practice Manager, Receptionist or Pet Parent (“Nominee”) by completing the Nomination Form, available online at http://www.gopetplan.com/vet-awards/nominate-your-vet-pro. Limit one Nominee per Award Category per Entrant email address. Sponsor will collect nominations for the Competition until 11:59 p.m. EDT September 25, 2016 (“Nomination Period”). Nominations received after that time will be considered for the 2018 Veterinary Awards.
5. NOMINATION GUIDELINES: Between September 30, 2015 and 11:59 p.m. EDT September 25, 2016 (“Nomination Period”), Entrants may visit http://www.gopetplan.com/vet-awards/nominate-your-vet-pro (“Nomination Form”) and complete a Nomination Form that must include a narrative description of two thousand (2,000) characters or less explaining why the Nominee deserves to win the Award in the Category. All fields and elements of the Nomination Form must be complete, and all Nominations must be received within the Nomination Period to be considered. Nominations received after the Nomination Period has ended will be considered for the 2018 Veterinary Awards.
Each unique Nominee may not be submitted into more than one (1) Category and each Nominee must be submitted with a separate Nomination Form. If more than one Entrant submits a Nomination for the same Nominee, Sponsor will consider all such submissions. Entries must be completed in English. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means that subvert the entry process are void. Entries may only be submitted online via the Nomination Form. All other methods, whether or not defined herein, are void. All Entry materials (including but not limited to narrative descriptions) become the property of Sponsor upon submission.
Additional Entry Requirements: Nominations may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
By submitting a Nomination, Entrant represents, warrants and covenants that: he/she owns or otherwise controls all rights in his/her Nomination materials; consents to the submission and use of the Nomination materials (including but not limited to the narrative); and grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.gopetplan.com and/or any other websites controlled by or affiliated with Sponsor. Sponsor agrees that Entrant information will not be passed to third parties without Entrant authorization. If a Nomination is to be shared publicly, whether via www.gopetplan.com or any other materials controlled by or affiliated with Sponsor, Nomination narratives are subject to proofreading after submission, limited to corrections of typos, capitalization and grammar, subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not alter the message or phrasing of the Entry.
6. WINNER DETERMINATION:
1ST ROUND—SEMIFINALISTS DETERMINATION
All eligible Nominations submitted during the Nomination Period will be screened by Sponsor team members and evaluated based on the following primary criteria: How well the Nomination portrays the Nominee’s commitment to: offering exceptional veterinary care; advancing pet health beyond their practice; and providing an outstanding client experience to pet parents. Additional factors will also be considered, including but not limited to information about the Nominee gathered from public online sources, including Practice/Employer website and Practice/Employer social media presence (“Supporting Materials”).
From among all eligible Nominations, six (6) “Semifinalists” will be chosen in the following categories: Veterinary Practice, Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician, Practice Manager and Receptionist. Three Semifinalists will be chosen in the Pet Parent category.
Once Semifinalists are selected, all Semifinalists and the nominating Entrants will be notified by Sponsor or its authorized representative. If any chosen Semifinalist opts not to participate in the Competition, Sponsor may select an alternative Semifinalist. All participating Semifinalists must complete and return the Official Questionnaire and Photograph (with required release) within seven (7) days of notification. If the Questionnaire and Photograph are not timely returned, Sponsor may select an alternative Semifinalist.
2ND ROUND—FINALIST/WINNER DETERMINATION
The Semifinalists for each Category will be posted by Sponsor. Between 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT on September 26, 2016 and 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT on October 10, 2016 (the “Voting Period”), individuals who are at least 18 years old and reside in one of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia or Canada may visit www.gopetplan.com (or such other website designated by Sponsor) to register and vote for their favorites in each Category. A voter may vote for more than one Nominee; however votes are limited to one vote per Category each day. No purchase or is necessary to vote. Each Nominee’s final vote tally will be included in his or her Supporting Materials, but will not directly determine the Finalist or Winner selection.
Sponsor will select a panel of three (3) Judges per Award Category consisting of veterinary professionals and industry leaders relevant to the Category. Those Judges will read the Questionnaires completed by each Semifinalist in his or her Category, along with the Nomination and Supporting Materials, and will use an Evaluation form provided by Sponsor to award each Semifinalist a score from 0-5 in several categories. Evaluations will be made without regard to race, creed, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The three (3) Semifinalists in each Award Category who receive the highest cumulative scores from all three Judges, as tabulated by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will each be deemed a “Finalist” for that Category. Likewise, the Semifinalist who receives the highest cumulative score will be the Winner in that Category. In the event of a tie for any Category, a “tie-breaking” judge selected by Sponsor will determine the Finalists based on the Judges’ Criteria. All Finalists and the nominating Entrants will be notified by telephone and/or email by Sponsor or its authorized representative.
The name of the Winner in each Category will be revealed at the 2017 Petplan Veterinary Awards Dinner (“Event”) on February 4, 2017. The Winners’ presence is not required for them to win.
WEEKLY GIFT CARD DRAWING WINNER PRIZE
Beginning April 11, 2016 and continuing each week through September 25, 2016 Sponsor will randomly select one Entrant from the entire pool of Entrants to receive a $50 PetSmart gift card (“Drawing Winner”). Each Drawing Winner will be notified and confirmed via email, using the email address provided in the Nomination Form. Once the Drawing Winner confirms eligibility, one (1) $50 PetSmart gift card will be mailed to them at the address of their choice. If a notified Drawing Winner does not reply to claim their prize within 24 hours of the email being sent, they forfeit the prize and an alternate Drawing Winner will be selected and notified. They also have 24 hours to claim their prize, or else forfeit it. A maximum of two (2) Drawing Winners will be chosen each week; if neither claims their prize, the prize for that week will go unawarded.
Semifinalists that do not advance to the Finalist round are not entitled to any prize, nor are the Charity Partners they designate on their Questionnaire.
The Petplan Veterinary Awards Finalists in each Category will be invited to travel to Orlando, FL, on or before February 4, 2017 (exact dates and details to be determined by Sponsor) to participate in the Event. In the event that a Finalist is unavailable or unwilling to travel to Orlando, FL, on or about January 15, 2016, and/or to participate in the Event, this prize may be forfeited. This prize consists of:
Finalists are responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated above, including, without limitation: room upgrades, additional nights, meals, beverages, gratuities, additional ground transportation, parking, taxes and surcharges. This prize will expire on February 4, 2017.
Finalists are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation. Sponsor reserves right to change dates with reasonable notice to all Finalists. If required by Sponsor, travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and/or on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Certain travel restrictions may apply.
In addition to the Finalist prizes stated above, a cash prize of $1,000 will be awarded to each Winner. Sponsor will also donate $1,000 on each Winner’s behalf to an animal-related 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (“Winner Charity”) of each Winner’s choice. Winner Charities will be identified on the Questionnaire that all Semifinalists must complete. Donations will be made after the Winners are announced on February 4, 2017. Winners may also receive prizes donated by Sponsor partners.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No transfers, assignments, substitutions, credits for changes, refunds or cash equivalents for prizes are allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend upon the number of valid Entries received during Nomination Period, votes cast during the voting periods and decisions of the Judging Panelists.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Competition to address the impairment and then resume in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the giveaway, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Competition sponsors, Judges and their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, sales representatives, agents, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, consultants, contractors and prize providers, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives, and each of these companies’ and individuals’ respective successors, representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Competition; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing or faxing errors; (e) errors in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Competition, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
10. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
11. COMPETITION RESULTS: Names of Semifinalists, Finalists and Winners will be posted on Sponsor’s website, and may be posted or printed in any of Sponsor’s social media pages or publications, either print or digital. A list of Semifinalists, Finalists and Winners may also be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped #10 business envelope to Veterinary Awards Manager, Fetch Inc., 3805 West Chester Pike, Suite 240, Newtown Square, PA 19073. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the Event at which the Winners’ names are announced.